18 Jun SkaDate Dating Software: Online dating industry facts and stats
Despite some skepticism around the web regarding online dating business, hard facts and statistics are hard to ignore: online dating industry is on the rise now, and will continue flourishing in foreseeable future. Let’s look at some interesting facts and stats in today’s review.
Just ten years ago online dating was considered the last possible step in finding love, and people registered on dating sites were treated as typical losers. Back then one expected that online dating will ever gain such unbelievable popularity.
But it did happen, primarily due to the intensive spread of digital technologies all over the world. Nowadays we do everything online – pay bills, search maps for driving directions, buy products, get news, book hotels and flights, read books, watch films, and even get our education distantly via the Internet. We live in an Internet-based society and it’s not surprising that dating has also moved to the virtual space. In a way, the Internet just reflects our society: you can meet any type of people online, from nerds and snobs to successful businessmen and real rock stars. Shall we dig in into numbers?
- 74% of the total US population have tried online dating services at least once;
- There are 15 million singles in the UK and 7 million of them are members of online dating websites;
- The number of active users doubled in the last few years. 16000 dating site members are joining every day;
- US has more single adults (49%) than any other nation except China and India. 61% of them have never been married, 14,4% are widowed and 23,8% are divorced;
- Americans tend to marry late and divorce early: the average length of time before divorce is 8 years, leaving them plenty of time to experiment with online dating;
- 61% of single adults want to be married, 12% are not sure, and 55% were married at a certain time;
- Today online dating accounts for 17% of all marriages and 1 in 5 serious relationships;
- The online dating industry is bigger than porn and is worth more than $2 billion per year;
- Annual growth in dating sites population in the last couple of years was 2,5%;
Online dating business is booming and it’s going to expand even further. If you are still in doubt whether to start your own business with SkaDate Dating Software, take another look at these numbers and grab the bull by the horns.