Though sometimes I face some skeptical opinions regarding online dating business, statistics speaks for itself: online dating industry is on the rise now and it will continue flourishing at least next several years. Let me share with you some interesting facts and stats in todays SkaDate Dating Software online dating statistics review.
10 years ago online dating was considered as a last chance to find love, and people, registered on dating sites, were treated as typical losers. No one expected at that time that online dating is going to gain such unbelievable popularity.
Of course, it happened primarily due to intensive spread of digital technologies all over the world. We do everything online: we pay bills, search for maps and driving directions, buy products, get news, book hotel rooms, read books, watch films and even get our education distantly via the Internet. We live in an Internet-based society and it’s not surprising that dating has also moved to the virtual space. So, nowadays Internet space just reflects our society: you can meet any type of people from nerds and snobs to successful businessmen and rock lovers online.
- 74% of the total US population have tried online dating services at least once.
- There are 15 million singles in UK and 7 million of them are members of online dating websites.
- The number of users has doubled in the last few years. 16 000 of dating site members are joining every day.
- US has more single adults (49%) than any other nation except China and India. 61% of them have never been married, 14,4% are widowed and 23,8% are divorced.
- Americans tend to marry late and divorce early: the average length of time before divorce is 8 years.
- 61% of single adults want to be marrried, 12% are not sure. 55% were married at some time.
- Today online dating accounts for 17% of all marriages and 1 in 5 serious relationships.
- The online dating industry is bigger than porn and iis worth more than $2 billion per year.
- Annual growth for a period between 2008 and 2013 years is 2,5%.
Online dating business is booming and it’s going to become wider. If you are still in doubt whether to start your own business with SkaDate Dating Software or not, take a look at these numbers and grab the bull by the horns.