15 Jun SKADATE MARKETING TIPS: IMPROVE YOUR CONVERSION RATE
One of the most important parts of paid campaigns is the conversion rate of a website. So, what is the conversion rate? Conversion rate is the percentage of potential customers who take a desired action on your site: subscribe, call or make a purchase. For example if 100 visitors come to a particular page on your website via a pay per click ad and 1 out of of that 100 makes a purchase (or any other desired action), the conversion rate for an ad is one percent. The larger the number — the more successful your paid ad is.
How to improve your conversion rate?
- Use specific keywords: the more targetted you are — the higher the chance of “catching” your customer.
- Make the website visually attractive. A big, quality image says a thousand words, adds life to a website and connects better with your target audience.
- Pay attention to the site colors: do not use aggressive colors all over your website. According to color studies, red creates an urgency, blue — trust, green — freshness, but they look great when used in a contrast.
- Add social proof: customer testimonials, case studies.
- Create a strong image of your website by using a mascot or a unique feature.
- Offer a guarantee: it gives customers more confidence in your offering.
- Make them feel secure on your website: visitors are usually protective of their privacy.
- Keep the navigation through the website simple: do not make your customer think too much and search long for the necessary pages.
Many websites concentrate only on increasing the number of visitors, when conversion rate is of a higher importance. Tracking the conversion rates allows you to correct problems, make necessary improvements and improve sales. As Dave Lavinsky of Forbes said: “No matter how good your current conversion rates are, they can always get better”. Keep up with the SkaDate blog, more tips are coming!