05 Nov SkaDate Dating Software Tips: Visualize Your Site!
Hello, dear SkaDate Dating Software blog readers! I call November a month with a mood for love. Just look around – the days are shorter, the chilly mornings are perfect for coffee and blankets, while the afternoons are warm enough for romantic long walks and “Sweet November” back at home. Meanwhile, Internet gets flooded with instagrammed pictures of color-changing leaves, all the while posts become more and more sentimental.
Have you noticed how our online communication changed in recent years? Pictures, videos, and smilies, all but replaced long sentences. Instead of writing down a diner people share a Foursquare note or pin a Google maps location. Instead of saying sorry in 4 paragraphs, now you send an animated picture of a cute cat (unless you are like me and prefer responding to everything with a Grumpy Cat meme).
To understand the importance of communicating visually, take a look at the industry. The successful sum of the parts that is Internet now has lead the way for invitation. Google Glass is to replace texting with imaging, Facebook is toying with Instagram, while Twitter is working on image previews to enhance visual timeline. Web is getting crowded with content, all the while regular users are looking for quicker solutions.
Here’s Ten Fascinating Stats (as listed by HubSpot’s marketing software developer Amanda Sibley):
1) 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual, and visuals are processed 60.000 faster than text. (Sources: 3M Corporation and Zabisco)
2) 40% of people will respond better to visual information than plain text. (Source: Zabisco)
3) Publishers who use infographics grow in traffic an average of 12% more than those who don’t. (Source: AnsonAlex)
4) Posts with videos attract 3 times more inbound links than plain text posts. (Source: SEOmoz)
5) Visual content drives engagement. In fact, just one month after the introduction of Facebook timeline for brands, visual content (photos and videos) saw a 65% increase in engagement. (Source: Simply Measured)
6) Pinterest generated more referral traffic for businesses than Google+, YouTube, and LinkedIn combined. (Source: Shareaholic)
7) 85% of the US internet audience watches videos online. The 25-34 age group watches the most online videos, and adult males spend 40% more time watching videos on the internet than females. (Sources: comScore and Nielsen)
8) 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter every minute. (Source: YouTube)
9) Mobile video viewing increased 35% from 2010 to 2011 (Source: Nielsen)
10) Viewers are 85% more likely to purchase a product after watching a product video. (Source: Internet Retailer)
The era of visual content has arrived, and it’s time to explore new paths to reach customers. Hope this information really helps with building your marketing strategy for a dating site powered by SkaDate dating script!