This is the general SkaDate FAQ section to answer most questions we get asked by customers.
SkaDate Desktop Solutions
Yes, sure. Please feel free to request a free four-day trial and after come up with your final decision. You can also check out our demo.
SkaDate Mobile Solutions
There are a lot of options for monetizing your dating business. SkaDate provides a couple of monetization features like a paid membership, a user credit system, virtual gifting, and ad banner placement.
- Membership Subscriptions: SkaDate allows you to create different membership levels with varying access to features and services. Users can subscribe to these memberships, and you can charge them regularly (monthly, quarterly, yearly, etc.).
- Paid Access to Features: You can restrict certain features or functionalities on your dating platform to premium members only. Users who want access to these premium features will need to pay for them.
- Virtual Currency: SkaDate might have a virtual currency system that allows users to purchase virtual credits or coins. These credits can be used to unlock additional features or send virtual gifts to other users.
- Advertising: SkaDate might offer advertising options that allow you to display ads on your dating platform. You can charge advertisers for ad space and target ads based on user demographics.
We've prepared a detailed guide on how to monetize your dating app or website.
Matchmaking is based on two main profile questions: gender and age. Example: you are logged in as a female user. In your profile, you have specified that you are looking for a male.
When you visit “My Matches” page, the system will:
- Check whom you are looking for. In our case, you are looking for males > system will find all male users.
- Check whom those found male users are looking for.
If a male user is looking for males - this will be excluded from the matchmaking process since you are a female user and you don't match their "looking for" value. If a male user is looking for males - this user will be included in the further filtering process.
At this point, the system found all male users looking for females. Then, the system checks whether those male users match you and you match them by age. As a result, the system pulls the list of only relevant male users. That is the user list you see when you click “My Matches”.
If you see the “100%,” - those users match you 100%.
Users can also set up their own matchmaking preferences and the value they want to add to one or another answer in the profile questionnaire. For example, users can set preferences to match more often with people whose eye color is blue by setting more value to the “blue eyes” answer. In this case, they will have less percentage compatibility with a person who has “green” eyes.
- You will have SSL enabled on your server account; thus, all the requests are encrypted;
- We are using built-in cPanel security features.
- CSRF token - prevents unauthorized commands transmitted through the website forms;
- Antibot system implemented on the Join form - prevents the profile creation by background scripts. This will prevent the registration of fake profiles;
- The forms and fields validators - every uploading file goes through a thorough extension and file type check-up. This does not allow to upload of dangerous scripts/files to the server;
- SQL injection - to be protected from such injections, we use PDO. That is a reliable way to protect a script from SQL injections;
- XSS - developing the software, we pay much attention to the way all the incoming data is processed ($_GET, $_POST). Also, we use a user content output handler, making it easier to control the outgoing content;
- Hash’&’Salt user passwords. User password encryption has been a long-awaited security enhancement, which we have given a high-priority status for this update. Now your users’ passwords will be stored in the database as encrypted symbols, making it impossible for hackers to use this data for malicious purposes;
- Upload of the potentially dangerous files - every uploading file goes through a thorough extension and file type check-up. This does not allow to upload of dangerous scripts/files to the server.
- A “Block Profile” system. If a member is annoyed by another member, he can easily block him;
- IP block feature for Admin. A Site Administrator will have the possibility to block a member IP right via Admin Panel;
- Report system. Members can send reports on suspicious photos, videos, profiles, and even the comments left. All the reports will come to Admin Approval.
Fake User Console
Packages & Pricing
Customizations & Custom Projects
Again, the prices vary depending on the complexity of the required customization. Here is what we can do:
- Full-scale long-term custom development project by Agile/Scrum principles (e.g., a dating/matchmaking site or app from scratch).
- Custom Feature Development
- Minor Code Modifications
- Custom Design
The prices are the following:
Fixed-sized Projects (minor to mid-level custom changes)
- Mid-level Developer Work - $70 per hour
- Design/Markup Work - $60 per hour
Full-scale long-term project development
- Development Team for Hire (Project Manager, Senior Developer, Design/Markup Specialist, QA Specialist) - $10,000 per month
- Each additional senior developer to speed up project progress - $8,000 per month
Just contact us with the description of your project in whatever form you have it. We will ask follow-up questions to see how your idea can be implemented with SkaDate.
In the end, expect to receive a full quote from us, including a fixed price and timeframe for the implementation.
How Do We Work
It very much depends on your setup. Here are some guiding estimates:
Default website: 24 hours (on business days);
Default apps: 2-4 weeks for Google Play and up to 2-3 months for Apple Store (because of App Store approval times);
For Progressive Web Apps: 1 week if you submit all the requested information.
Custom development: always estimated separately.
All of this is after we obtain the necessary setup information from you. Also, please note that 3rd party hosting can increase the time because of various incompatibilities not easily detected upfront.
Technologies & Programming Languages
- PHP (7.4, 8.1);
- Slim Framework (mobile application API).
- etBrains IDEs (PhpStorm, AndroidStudio);
- Visual Studio Code;
Consider a situation: You have some sort of technical problem with your hosting and it really affects your business and you ask us to resolve it ASAP. A team of trained professionals will jump on the problem, figure out your specifics, find out the problem, and provide the solution in a timely manner. The question is, will they work for free?
We've been in the business since 2004 and have seen competitors come and go. All of them tried to offer free support in a desperate bid to make any sales. In fact, when you see a "free support" promise, this is a big red flag -- a clear attempt to make a sale without regard to tomorrow. These competitors will tell you a lot about what doesn't work in the field of supporting dating businesses.